Monday, January 9, 2012

Dominica, January 9, 2012. Dominica is 26 million years old, the youngest of the Caribbean Islands. It mainly consists of the Rain forest, accumulating over 300 inches of rain a year. It was a beautiful day on a tram, high above the forest, but the day ended quite sad. A fellow passenger was run over by the tour bus. It was very traumatic and we learned quickly they don’t have a 911 emergency system. Her leg was shattered, and I mean shattered. All we could do was put a tourniquet in place and wait for help. Please pray that she is going to be okay.

 

2012-01-09 Roseau Dominca Republic 039

5 comments:

  1. Wow!! sounds like you guys are having a crazy adventure already! That is really sad that someone from the trip already got hurt! We will be sure to pray for a quick recovery!!! Finished my resume and applied for three internships today!! We are already missing you two and continueing to pray for you!!

    Love you guys!
    Melena

    ReplyDelete
  2. your picture looks incredible. Prayers for you and for the other traveler who was injured.
    Peace and Prayers.
    Love ya, Jude

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pics...loving the updates! I hope that y*our ** fellow traveler is okay. (The **'s are from Blaker!). Love ya! Marissa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry...posted too soon :) Keep us posted on her...very scary. Lots of love coming your way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought about it for awhile but I have to ask...How the heck do you end up under the bus? And even though I feel sorry for the person, I have to be my normal smart Alek ;), and ask you to make sure you stay on the buses and not under!
    But seriously, hope it wasn't too traumatic, and hope he or she gets better soon.

    P.S. Make sure you thank the person for ruining your trip to the Rain Forest. :0 (Just kidding, boy some days I can't stop myself, I just don't understand how you not see a big bus coming your way!)
    Stay safe, we love you and miss you. Have lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete